We deliver mulch! Although we can provide you with the dyed mulches, our triple shredded hardwood bark mulch is the same premium quality mulch we use on our landscape installations. This mulch greatly reduces the incidences of artillery fungus. Please allow two days for delivery.
Fall is here! Follow our fall garden tips to keep your outdoor space looking great:
- If your lawn is still looking poor and spotty it may be time for a good aerating and top seeding
- Fall is a good time top seed or plant grass seed because of the cool temperatures. The soil temperature will still be warm and promote germination and root development.
- Fertilize and promote a strong root development over the fall and winter months. The tops grass wont grow you can still get good root development with warmer soil temperatures.
- Divide any perennials that have been in for several years through October. If they are finished blooming, cut them back and dig them up and divide with a sharp shovel. Plant into other parts of the garden or give to your gardening friends.
- Now is the time to plant spring-blooming bulbs like tulips and daffodils.
- Mulch newly planted perennials and any tender plants to help protect root system over the winter.
- Trees and Shrubs that flower in late summer can be pruned in the dormant season.
- Don’t prune spring flowering plants like rhododendrons and azaleas.
- Prune out dead branches and branches that cross each other and rub in the wind. Branches that have an acute angle at the trunk are a weaker branch and may tend to break during snow or ice storms if they can be prune off or shortened to take some weight off this can help preserve the health and shape of the tree.
Waterfall Gardens continues to work for you throughout the seasons for all of your landscaping needs. We specialize in all aspects of designing, installing, and managing premier landscapes.
Please give Tom or Mike a call to schedule your consultation and estimate, or to schedule your next landscaping job.